Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's hot

I'm 33 weeks. Did I say I was huge in the last post? PFT. I am tons bigger now, and the baby is easy to see when he wiggles around. Only 7 more weeks until I enter the ranks of birthing moms. I'm trying not to get nervous.

Mostly, I'm just busy. Thesis work for the summer, a research assistantship managing data, going out in the field the rest of this week, watching Elijah (my stepson) when Stewart's at work (while also trying to do the thesis and RA work), and working to finish my doula certification by September are all keeping me really busy, not to mention being pregnant makes me busy. That entails childbirth classes, midwife appointments, and me being completely financially irresponsible by seeing a chiropractor (we're on a payment plan, so it's not so bad). Trying to keep the house clean is hard, and I get frustrated a lot even though Stewart helps (with dishes and laundry). I just can't keep up with the two males in the house in terms of keeping the place clean, which places me behind in preparing our room for the birth. I need to finish baby slings I promised other friends before I can even do mine; I haven't started on any of them. The house out in Sheridan needs to be cleaned up. Really, I kind of wish I just had a way to pause time for a little bit.

Also, I wish I could nap more. I've never been so tired in my life.

I've seen several of my people this summer, and that's been a nice break. First Andrea and Aaron (and NALI!) came through on their way back to WV. It's always refreshing to see them because they're living the good life, the life that I was too scared to try. Then, about a month later, Jordan, De'maris, and MJ came through. That was good, too. The house was lively but laid back. Wish they could have stayed longer. I don't expect to see Robert, possibly ever. He has his own "thing" going now, it seems. I expect to see Taylor, just don't know when.


1 comment:

  1. we will see each other again, we're just in different worlds right now. our worlds will collide. i don't know when.

    i'm in love again. just trying hard to keep that from falling apart.

    ReplyDelete